Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mommy Thoughts


Here are some Mommy thoughts I wanted to share before I forget them. At this stage in our family it is so neat to see the sibling fun beginning between Jordan and Natalie. Though all Natalie can do is grab and chew on things, she and Jordan interact already... as you can see by the photo above.

Jordan loves his little sister and wants to be where she is. Natalie smiles at Jordan whenever he is around and she is always interested to see what he is doing. Watching the two of them together has brought me to reflect on my own childhood and my own siblings. I remember the fun times, the annoying times, and the fighting times of siblings. But overall what I remember is what a blast it was to always have someone to play with. Friends just can't beat the availability of siblings. 


Jordan is so sweet to Natalie. When she cries Jordan tries to make her feel better; whether it's giving her a kiss, turning on some music, or telling her, "it's ok Natalie." I love this picture of him giving her a kiss when she is crying. I know they'll have their fights and sharing issues as they get older, but that's a part of family life... learning to live together... for eternity.


I have thought a lot about how it feels to be a family of four now and the best way I can describe it is... it feels more complete. Sure it's a little bit more crazy and busy, but it also feels great at the same time. I am grateful to be a mother and to have such a wonderful husband and such sweet children. 

I never want to be one of those Moms that looks back and says, "I wish I had slowed down and just enjoyed them" or "I wish I had written down all of the cute things they did and said" or any other regrets. I want to try to have as many non-regrets as possible.

It is hard to keep the right perspective on how important the day to day life is for your children's future. I've come to realize the reason for this is because we are in the middle of it. It is hard to see how important something is when you do it every day, all day, over and over again.

So I try my best each day to read something or do something that reminds me of how special this time is. Like reading an article from the Ensign about children, working on Natalie's baby book, or just taking pictures of my cute kids. I know that someday I will miss these days of playing with airplanes and pirate ships, of reading Dr. Seuss and Little Critter stories, of holding my little girl as she falls asleep. I want to cherish this season of life that I am in. I hope that all parents want to as well. 

Parenthood is the hardest, most important, and most rewarding thing we will ever do. Make the most of each moment, the future is soon the past, the more I tell myself this, the more I enjoy the now. I am having joy now in the blessed life I am living being a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment