Saturday, March 1, 2014

Mud Run


I had the lucky chance to do a Mud Run with my friend Rayleen. Her husband couldn't run with her last minute, and I answered her question on Facebook if anyone would like to run the race with her the coming Saturday. It was an adventure!


Preston and I have done a Mud Run together before, but this one was muddier by far. There were obstacles that forced you to swim in the mud to get to the other side. We had to climb up rope towers, crawl through tubes, scramble up and down slippery hills, go under wire (hence the swimming), and walk through a mud area so thick that many shoes were lost and were never recovered. It was awesome!


It actually rained the day of the race, which for Arizona is a big deal! It made for a more exciting and challenging race. It was only a 5 K, but it felt like a 10 K for how heavy and tiring it felt running with mud weighing down our shoes. 

Speaking of shoes, mine didn't survive the race. I've had these shoes for a record time (since high school), they have been on many a hiking, biking, and running adventure. They were falling apart by the end of the race and so I thought the Mud Race was a great way to end the life of these shoes. 


The atmosphere of a race is always a thrill to experience. I also always get a kick out of what people are wearing when they race... from tutus, superman shirts, all white (for a mud race), to camo (like you need it).



It was a great day! 
Thanks Rayleen for the wonderful experience! 
Now I'm thinking of what race to do next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment