Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pink Series 13.1 Race

On October 8th I participated in the Pink Series half marathon in Park City. Here is a picture my friend Shauna and I after the race. This was Shauna's first half marathon and she did awesome! Way to go!

Here's a part of the course. The neat thing about this race is that it was a women's only race... no guys aloud. This was a fun atmosphere to be in... girl power right. The race was a breast cancer awareness race. What a good cause and what a good race.

Here is myself and a new found friend of mine finishing the race. We both had severe knees pains early on and unfortunately had to walk the majority of the race. But we got to do it together and it really made for an enjoyable speed walk.

Here I am finished with the race and happy to be so. I was disappointed that I couldn't run most of the race but was proud of myself for deciding to still finish.

I am so grateful for my sweet family's support. Preston and Jordan were there at the finish line to cheer me on. I love them so much and couldn't accomplish so much without them.

1 comment:

  1. good for you! that is awesome! i love seeing your pictures and what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete