Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I love Spring!

I love Spring! In celebration of the first day of spring being last Sunday I wanted to post these pictures of the beauties of this earth. To start off, what is spring without Rhody bushes.... a Washington favorite.

Anyone from Bremerton will recognize the view of the mountains called "The Brothers." Growing up I thought it was fun when my brothers hiked "The Brothers" for scouting trips. The water below the mountains is the great Puget Sound. I love kayaking the Sound in the spring and summer time.

This flower is a poppy. You can often see these wild flowers around. They are small but are bright and vibrant in color. The following flower pictures were taken by the Webb family botanist, Ron (my bro).

Lilac bushes are so pretty. They also give off a wonderful sweet smell. For all of those with pollen allergies... my apologies. But I think spring smells awesome!

Don't forget about the wonderful fruit that's coming. These are kiwi's... did you know that kiwi's can grow in Washington? It's true! And they are delicious!

Here are some grapes. I think my favorite fruit or berry actually are raspberries. But I didn't have a picture of any. When I was younger we had a big raspberry patch. I think I eat more berries than I ever actually got into the bowl. Yummm....

Wherever you are I hope that you enjoy this spring with all of it's colors, smells, and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment