Friday, June 26, 2015

Project Mode


It took about a month of being in project mode for the house to be ready for us to move into it. We had to replace a piece of a wall that had water damage, take out a closet that wasn't needed, sanitize the floor, take tons of wallpaper off, repaint everything, put in new flooring, etc.


Good thing Superman was there to save the day and help out! Hooray!


We were blessed with LOTS of help from family. 


I found some wild hoodlums hiding out in the brush. I'll have to keep on eye out and be watching for were they hide next. 


Opps... Natalie touched the still wet paint. She felt really bad about it. It's all good sweetie, it's hard to avoid wet walls everywhere. In the pictures Bart, Nick, and Gayleen are helping out painting. 


Here Uncle Bart is breaking out the yucky pink till in the bathroom. Thank you Bart for getting that out! Ron is helping sand down some mudding where we had to patch a bunch of holes. I am so excited to pick and add color to our home. I've had these ideas in my head for years and it is soooo neat to be able to make this house our home. 

I really love and appreciate that Preston is so willing to let me go to town on choosing the colors. He's the best hubby ever! We have a "sunshine" yellow kitchen, a huge "northwest" green accent wall, and we plan on doing a blue bathroom upstairs.


Preston's Dad, Russell has helped a ton on the house. Here he is painting the ceiling. Check out that super green accent wall. I LOVE IT! It's my favorite color and it reminds me of Washington every time I see it. Ahhh, happy thoughts. 


Here the kiddos are hanging out in the safest spot for them in the house... the deck. They are maxin and relaxin while eating pizza. 


Almost there! The beautiful hardwood flooring is in and we have carpet. It's so awesome being married to such a handy man. He can figure anything out. Know it's time to move in!

No comments:

Post a Comment