Saturday, June 14, 2014

Women's Hike


I had the wonderful opportunity before moving to go on a women's hike with these buff ladies, Angela and Rayleen. We hiked a 6 mile trail on top of Mount Lemmon. 


Here is a picture of a little house that people can rent out to stay in. I'm amazed they could build it on such a steep rock. 


The view from up high before we hiked down. 


We found this narrow stairway surrounded by rocks. I wonder who brought the cement all that way?


Here is Angela and Rayleen, my awesome hiking buddies. 


Cool looking tree... that has seen better days. 


I saw this big log and said, "I want to walk across that." Kid impulse from growing up in Washington. I'm a Washington girl always. You can't see it in the picture but the log was hanging over a little stream. It was fun!


My heart is so happy being surrounded by trees. 


Nifty rock formations. The two rocks almost touch. It's fun to see what you find on a hike. 


Here's a view of that little house on the rock from the other side as we came back up to the top of the trail. Also some pretty nature pictures. 


The view from the top looking down at Tucson below. I am so grateful for Rayleen and Angela being willing to go on a hike with me. It was a wonderful experience to spend time with them and to be in the great outdoors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment