Friday, December 7, 2012

Santa Claus Came To Town



This week we went to the library for story time. To Jordan's delight, Santa Claus was there to read The Night Before Christmas! We've been reading lots of Santa stories lately and he's also watched the Santa movie we have A LOT, so he was very excited when Santa walked into the room. As Santa read the story he kept telling everyone around him, "IT'S SANTA! IT'S SANTA!" It was adorable to see how excited he was. 


When it was time for all the kiddies to get to sit on Santa's lap Jordan got a little nervous. So while we watched kid after kid sit on Santa's lap, I tried to assure him that Santa is very nice. Jordan noticed that the kids got a candy cane after sitting with Santa. He asked me if he could have one and I said, "After you sit with Santa he will give you one." I could see from this answer he was trying to figure out a way in his mind to not have to sit with Santa and still get the goodie.

While we were becoming the last ones in the room to see Santa, Jordan realized something... he asked me, "Mom, where are his reindeer?" I said, "I don't know... maybe they are at the North Pole." Jordan then asked the librarian the same question. She told him they were on the roof. He looked up at the ceiling and agreed they were on the roof. With that he was finally ready to sit with Santa... good thing too, because we were the last ones to have a turn with Santa. 

When Jordan got on Santa's lap he asked, "What do you want for Christmas?" Jordan replied with, "Where are your reindeer?" Santa said, "Ahhh..." I guess he wasn't expecting that from a two year old. The picture above is of Jordan pointing to the ceiling telling Santa that the reindeer are on the roof. What a funny little guy.



Jordan was very happy to get a candy cane... he wanted me to open it immediately after saying goodbye to Santa. I am happy we didn't have a crying meltdown this year like we did last year with meeting St. Nick. 

Here is Jordan in the car when we got home with candy cane all over his mouth. Later that day he asked me, "Do you want a candy cane Mom?" This translates to, "I want a candy cane Mom, and if you have one I know I can have one too." He's a smart little boy. When I said I didn't want a candy cane he said, "Why not?" Mom outsmarted him on that one. 

 I am thrilled to announce that we got our very own real Christmas tree this year! Growing up we always had a real Christmas tree and so keeping with that tradition (as I like to do) we got one of our very own. I love the smell of evergreen trees! We also put colored motion lights on the tree which remind me of home.

It was really fun to decorate the tree with Jordan. He was very excited to help and especially wanted to make sure we had a star on the top of the tree. He enjoys plugging in the lights and helping me water the tree. He's a boy after my own heart, since I've always loved doing those things.


Here is the tree fully decorated! Family traditions are a special way to make the season bright. We look forward to keeping family traditions going and to making new ones with our own family. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment