Sunday, June 12, 2011

Half Marathon June 2011

On June 11th, 2011 Preston and I ran our first Half Marathon! We participated in the Utah Valley Half Marathon which was held conveniently here in Provo. It started in Provo Canyon, then went onto University Avenue, and ended at Center Street. It was a gorgeous run in the canyon and we had beautiful weather that day too. I can still hardly believe we ran 13.1 miles! How awesome!

We ran the race with Preston's sister Cambria, her husband Nic, and our good friend Kevin. It was fun running the race with these guys, cheering each other on, and getting each other excited about the run. Good times had by all. Way to go everyone!

Jordan enjoyed tasking my medal after the race. I guess it was high quality otherwise he wouldn't have chewed on it for as long as he did. Silly boy....

Our good friends Jane and Jay Griffith were at the race too. We got to see them during and after the half marathon. They both did great and are awesome examples of running hard.

My friends Michelle and Mark were wonderful babysitters for Jordan while Preston and I were running. He was such a good boy for them. I'm so glad he didn't freak out. What a good natured little guy.

After the race we went back to our home and had a delicious BBQ. The food tasted especially good because we were all so hungry from the race. Yummmm.... hamburgers, hotdogs, fruit, root beer floats, etc.

Everyone chowing down under the maple tree. I love our back yard!

Preston finished with a time of 2:12:23 and myself with a time of 2:19:42. Maybe we'll be able to beat our time in our next half marathon. It was an awesome day of accomplishing long trained for goals, pushing our bodies hard, observing this beautiful earth, and enjoying time with friends and family. My what a day.... what a day.

1 comment:

  1. wow! good for you guys! you are such a good example and such motivators for me and ryan! we really want to do something like that... i was looking up races today. how do you even go about starting to train for something like that?! awesome job guys!

    ReplyDelete